Eligibility & Logistics
Apply for the Student Projects or the Student Campus at the NAHJ Convention and be part of this innovative experience. The deadline to submit an online NAHJ Student Projects Application is April 15, 2011. All applications must be submitted electronically. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Students accepted into the program will receive a refund of any registration fees they may have already paid to attend the conference.
The National Association of Hispanic Journalists, with the help of their sponsors, covers the cost of registration, travel, lodging and meals for all students in the projects and the campus. In exchange, the students before and during the NAHJ Convention will be expected to fulfill their primary duty and responsibility as staffers of the student projects and participants in the student campus.
Who is eligible to take part in the NAHJ Student Projects and Student Campus?
- Current college undergraduates and graduate students are eligible to take part in the NAHJ Student Projects. This includes students who currently attend community colleges and students who will graduate in May/June 2011.
- NAHJ Student members only. If you are not an NAHJ member, please go to http://www.nahj.org/membership to join.
- Must be available to take part in these programs from at least June 13, 2011 to June 18, 2011.
- Must be 18 years of age by June 20, 2011.
- Must submit complete Convention Student Programs application online.
Questions about NAHJ Convention Student Programs, please contact NAHJ at 202-662-7145